Energy International – Jordan is expanding its partnership with Johnson Controls Inc. and it’s York brand to include a complete line of York by Johnson Controls and Hitachi by Johnson Controls DX Split Air Conditioning Systems, Variable Flow Refrigerant Air Conditioning Systems and Package Units for commercial and residential applications.

Under the terms of the agreement, Energy International – Jordan will become the authorized distributor for York and Hitachi by Johnson Controls Inc. in the Jordan market.

Energy International Jordan is building on its successful partnership with York through The Energy Solutions Program, initiated by Energy Jordan in 2014. The Energy Solutions Program has helped Hospitals, Five-Star Hotels and Industrial companies, in the Jordan market, greatly reduce their energy costs by installing and maintaining high-efficiency York YVAA chillers for their cooling needs.

“Johnson Controls recognized our success with the Energy Solution program in Jordan,” said Fadi Rashid, General Manager, Energy International Jordan. “That has given them the confidence to know that we can build a market for York and Hitachi cooling products in Jordan.”

Johnson Controls added the Hitachi brand to its product portfolio by establishing a global joint venture with Hitachi Appliances Inc. in October 2015.

Through the agreement, Johnson Controls acquired a 60 percent ownership stake of the new entity, which has more than USD2.8 billion in sales annually. Hitachi Appliances retains ownership of the remaining 40 percent of the company.

Johnson Controls is a worldwide supplier of installed control systems, technical services and building management controls, including controls for lighting, security, fire safety, and refrigeration.

The Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based company acquired York International in 2005 expanding the company’s reach into the residential and commercial HVAC markets.

Hitachi Appliances, Inc., headquartered in Tokyo, Japan was established on April 1, 2006 through a merger of Hitachi Air Conditioning Systems Co., Ltd. And Hitachi Home & Life Solutions, Inc., both subsidiaries of Hitachi Ltd. With yearly sales of USD 5.7 billion the company supplies eco-friendly, comfortable home appliances and air conditioning around the world capitalizing on its cutting-edge technologies. 

The joint venture creates a company with 14,000 employees and 24 global locations dedicated to design, engineering and manufacturing throughout Asia, Europe and Latin America building on both organizations’ technology, research and development leadership, as well as expanding marketing channels.

“Hitachi is a highly-respected brand in Jordan, said Rashid. “We are excited about the prospects of expanding our product line to include Hitachi room air conditioning products and to build a whole new customer base in the Jordan market.”

Energy international – Jordan will make Hitachi and York residential and light commercial products available to local dealers through the opening of a distribution center in Amman.

Plans call for a showroom featuring product demonstrations, a technical training center to keep dealers up-to-date on the latest products and technologies along with a parts store and repair center.

“Energy International boasts a 40-year history of providing top quality HVAC and electro-mechanical products to the Middle East,” said Rashid. “Consultants and contractors in the region turn to Energy International to provide the best solutions for their project requirements.”